Virtualize for Efficiency, Higher Availability and Lower Costs
Virtualization is the single most effective way to reduce IT expenses while boosting efficiency and agility—not just for large enterprises, but for small and midsize businesses too. VMware virtualization lets you:
- Run multiple operating systems and applications on a single server.
- Consolidate hardware to get vastly higher productivity from fewer servers.
- Save 50 percent or more on overall IT costs.
- Speed up and simplify IT management, maintenance, and the deployment of new applications.
The Benefits of Server Virtualization
The benefits of virtualization are nothing short of dramatic.
- Up to 80 percent greater utilization of every server.
- Reductions in hardware requirements by a ratio of 10:1 or better.
- Capital and operations expenses cut by half, with annual savings of more than $1,500 for each server virtualized.
- Robust, affordable high availability.
Virtualizing Networking Services
With software-defined networking, virtualization principles are applied to network resources, abstracting, pooling and automating them to transcend the limitations of rigid physical architectures. Network services are assigned to each application and remain with it, elastically adapting to its changing requirements. Software-defined networking has many benefits.
- Simplified provisioning
- Enhanced scalability
- Simplified management
- Lower operating costs